The Anderson Firm P.C. of Jersey City was founded by Trevor Anderson as a vehicle to pursue his purpose of unlocking the passions and potential of others. Through the Anderson Firm, he has created a law firm uniquely focused on integrating business advisory, performance coaching and legal guidance into a single platform that delivers massive value to its clients. In turn, he envisions a world where businesses are filled with high performing and fulfilled teams and where business founders, owners and executives fully realize the purpose of their businesses – to leave their lasting mark on our society.
We work intimately with business and healthcare leaders across many industries to propel them to the next level. At TAF, we safeguard your operations while creating the framework upon which you can achieve strategic outcomes and unparalleled results.
Trevor Anderson, Managing Shareholder
Trevor began his legal career in Atlanta, Georgia after graduating from Emory Law School. Since then, he has amassed a wealth of experience and insight representing and advising businesses and entrepreneurs of all sizes on both legal and strategic matters. As a consultant with Ernst & Young, Trevor advised and guided Fortune 100 companies on business issues ranging from performance optimization, development and execution of strategic initiatives, and analyzing business risks. He has carried that acumen into his legal practice where he provides advisory and legal work to a range of clients, including serial entrepreneurs, startups, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, restaurants, health and wellness facilities and e-commerce businesses. He assists clients on a range of issues, including entity formation, healthcare fraud and abuse compliance, corporate governance, insurer reimbursement disputes, contract negotiations, healthcare practice and facility transactions, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and investor relations.
Trevor is singularly focused on providing massive value to his clients by providing legal solutions that are sensitive to and promote business goals. By combining his consulting and advisory experience to his healthcare and corporate law practice, he is able to eliminate the need for multiple professionals, and multiple expenses by playing the roles of outside counsel and business advisor.
- Wake Forest University, B.A. in Philosophy
- Emory University School of Law, Certificate in Transactional Law Skills
- Professional Risk Managers’ International Association, Associate PRM Certificate
- Business Networking International, President of Jersey City Chapter (2020)
- New Jersey
- New York
Mergers and Acquisitions: Healthcare
- Represented multidisciplinary group providing concierge healthcare services in the formation of a joint venture and management services organization and the subsequent sale of interests therein.
- Represented physician in acquisition of minority stake in a New Jersey ambulatory surgical center, including negotiating acquisition documents, drafting resolutions, conducting due diligence and resolving potential Federal Anti-Kickback and Stark Law issues.
- Represented physician group in the divestiture of its interests in a multi-disciplinary joint venture.
- Represented chiropractic practice in the sale of its practice to a corporate consolidator.
- Represented dermatology practice in the acquisition of a competing California practice.
- Represented periodontal practice in the acquisition of a dental practice.
- Represented practice in the sale of two practices to a private equity backed buyer.
- Represented practice in the sale of three practices to a private equity backed buyer.
- Represented veterinarian practice in the acquisition of a competing veterinarian practice.
Mergers and Acquisitions: General
- Represented a retail hardware store in its sale to a regional consolidator. Responsibilities included negotiating and drafting the LOI, drafting the sale documents, preparing all schedules, drafting seller consents and resolutions and conducting due diligence through closing.
- Represented a regional auto parts chain in the acquisition of a competing auto parts store. Responsibilities included negotiating and drafting the LOI, drafting the sale documents, preparing all schedules, drafting seller consents and resolutions and conducting due diligence through closing.
- Represented media and technology company in the following transactions:
- Sale of 83(b) profits interests to key employee;
- IRC Section 355 split-off of media assets to minority shareholder; and
- Buyout of existing ESOP.
- Represented an Israeli private equity firm in a $2 million structured finance deal requiring the formation of a special purpose entity, revision of the master credit agreement, revision of the receivables purchase agreement, preparation of all schedules, drafting borrower consents and resolutions and conducting due diligence through closing.
- Represented real estate holding company in restructuring $74 million of senior debt to maintain bankruptcy remote status.
Business Advisory and Consulting
- Serve as outside counsel for several ambulatory care facilities, multidisciplinary healthcare practices and licensed ambulatory healthcare facilities
- Executed a Risk Assessment of the risk department of a Fortune 100 company that led to its global restructuring
- Interviewed over 60 client stakeholders to analyze the current operating environment
- Reviewed over 140 client policies, procedures, vendor agreements, and committee charters
- Managed a team of 3 resources in the drafting and review of our 150 page assessment synthesizing the results of document review and client interviews
- Coordinated with over 10 subject matter experts and 5 lines of business in the development of the Assessment
- Managed and reported on the financial metrics of the engagement, including resource costs, cash flow, and margins
- Advised a Fortune 100 client in the rollout of a digital transformation strategy
- Analyzed cost and efficiency trends for back-office resources identified in financial statements
- Identified 3 areas for cost reduction that complemented the rollout of the digital transformation strategy
- Presented the cost-reduction opportunities to senior management
- Increased claim submission compliance levels of multidisciplinary healthcare resulting in its removal from an audit and increased percentage of reimbursements
- Provided keynote presentation to small business owners – “Managing vs. Leading your team”